Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Philanthropy 2.0



How do you give back?

Hello my name is Sandy Rowley, I am a local SEO web design expert and coach helping small business in the Reno Nevada area and across the USA to increase their rankings online. My goal is to help you, the small business owner, out fox the big box stores that are taking over our small towns in the USA. I LOVE working one on one with small business owners who have the passion and determination to thrive. Once a month I give a free internet marketing workshop to help small businesses. Also I give a one on one marketing training session over the phone to one small business owner a month. I normally charge $165 an hour for these sessions. The return value these small businesses receive will help them earn that money back and then some... pretty quick.

What does that mean, increase rankings online?

Thousands of people are searching for your products and services in Google, Yahoo and Bing right now, even in small towns across the country. Think about it, you are on this blog post right now reading this simple little SEO blog. Were you searching in a search engine on ways to make more sales or how to increase website traffic to your local business? I bet you were! ;)

Did you search for 'Reno Search Engine Optimization'? or something close?


My business website is www.RenoWebDesigner.com see the top ranking for Reno search engine optimization in Google? That is an example of increasing website traffic for my business. I use a marketing strategy called SEO or search engine optimization. Although I am located in the heart of downtown Reno Nevada, I have clients all over the state of Nevada and the US.

I also am a member of an international organization that helps small businesses in 3rd world countries with small no interest loans. I know how challenging it is to run a small business in Reno, let alone in a country with no infrastructure, safety nets or access to affordable loans. I admire these men and women who work to find a way to support their families and choose to move forward with determination and good old fashioned work ethic.




MySpace has changed the way the entertainers relate to their fans, Craigslist has changed the way people find a job or a room-for-rent, Kiva has changed the way people give back.

Kiva posts a picture of each loan recipient on the internet, so that contributors can see who they are helping, read their name and learn their story through their business description. Kiva Field Partners post updates to each business throughout the loan term, and lenders can post comments in reply to the Partner Representative, asking questions about the business or expressing their encouragement for the entrepreneur. Kiva demands accountability for loan funds by tracking repayments in a transparent way, and publishing all progress reports - both positive and negative.

The ease with which we can now gather information from around the world has changed the way the public want to give. By creating a platform through which people can connect - much the same as MySpace or Craigslist - Kiva is giving philanthropy a 2.0 twist, enabling individuals to give an entrepreneur halfway around the world their vote of confidence with just $25.

Join me and thousands of others who donate interest free loans to small business owners around the world.

No comments: